Wellness in Writing
Wellness in Writing
Wellness in writing
Come and be guided by Craft Varies in exploring the basics of putting pencil / pen to paper – a practice established for self-discovery through connection of the body and mind. We invite you to explore and be conscious of your senses as we journey as a blip in your existence.
Learning Outcomes: Our intention is for you to learn our style of copperplate.
Duration: 1 hour 30mins
In each lesson, you will receive:
1. 15 minutes of basic drill
2. 5 minutes of one-to-one consultation
3. Over 1 hour of drilling and practice with like-minded peers
Rationale Behind Course Structure
As we embark on the journey of calligraphy, we will find that there is always something new to learn and refine. Thus, to start off, we will refine our basic strokes together and everyone’s standard will be lifted as a class. However, as everybody learn at a different pace based on personal preferences, learning styles and lifestyles, individual consultation is necessary to ensure that your learning is optimal and that maximum personalised instructions can be offered.
Thereafter, good practice makes perfect and practice also results in the acquisition of better knowledge and nothing is more motivating and encouraging than practising with a bunch of like-minded peers who are moving towards the same goal.
We believe that one can grow faster by asking questions, so we invite you to ask away during our one-to-one consultation. We will give you an answer if we can, or if we don't, we can all figure it out together, better yet, we might ask you a question to help us all think. This is a space where we hope our minds and bodies can work as one to answer questions we've yet to encounter. Hopefully it will be as fulfilling for you as it will be for us.
All ages 8 and above and level of knowledge are welcome in this hour of self-discovery.
(Participants are recommended to attend at least 4 sessions and more.)
Paper & Pencil will be provided but please bring along your own ink and straight pen holders. (If you don't own any, we will provide you with the necessary information for purchase.)
Saturday, (December 2017 - March 2018)
3pm – 4:30pm
36A Norris Road
Terms & Conditions
- The lesson will begin on time. Latecomers will have to continue with the session from the point of arrival.
- The payment is non-refundable, however in the event where you have to cancel your seat, the lesson is transferable to another person within three days notice. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us of the amendment with details of your friend's name, mobile and email address and a confirmation will be sent to you for verification.
- If there is a no-show by a student, his/her booking will be forfeited.
- Participants are recommended to attend at least 4 sessions.
- Craft Varies will not be involved or held liable for any misunderstandings or disagreements arising between guide and student. As a quality control procedure, we might gather feedback on our guides, and should the Management feel that any of them are deemed unsuitable, they will not be assigned to guide.
- Craft Varies will not be held responsible for any exceptional, indirect or consequential damages that might arise from the use of this website.